Saturday, May 17, 2008

Welcome Race Fans!

We hope you like the trees!


As part of Lilly's Global Day of Service on Thursday, May 15, our Six Sigma team planted 60 trees at a park close to our office in the morning. In the afternoon, our leadership surprised our team and treated us to team building at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, affectionately referred to here as "the Track." It was a great day!


Nick and I went to the 2006 Indy 500, the first year we were here, so I had been to the track before and experienced the fun. However, as part of our team building, we were able to have lunch in the Lilly suite at the track and check out pit and garage passes to get up close and personal with the cars and drivers! I saw Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Graham Rahal, and Marco Andretti. I saw others, but those were the only ones that I knew (or whose names I could see on their car!)

Danica Patrick



I didn't take my camera (planting trees didn't seem particularly picture-worthy), but I think it turned out to be a blessing. My colleague, Stan Chapman, had his camera and his pictures are far better than mine would have been. Thanks to Stan for sharing his pics!

Scott Dixon



As for the little guy...he and I have been a bit under the weather with some sinus/congestion yuck. I have a video of his pulling up to post, but I haven't transferred it to the computer yet. I will add it soon!

No comments: