Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

We had a wonderful day. Well, as close to wonderful as it could be--the weather was the only thing not cooperating. It was raining and in the mid-50s today. :( Despite the weather, I had a great first Mother's Day. Nick and Carter treated me to brunch at Highland--Yum; one of my favorites. Then, I got to spend the day hanging out at home with my two fellas--with no agenda. In fact, Nick even did the laundry that was on my to-do list, so that I truly would have nothing that I had to do. It was such a great way to spend my first Mother's Day.

I also had a special treat when I picked Carter up from school on Friday. His teacher had helped Carter create a Mother's Day card with his handprints. It was so sweet, and although the handprints aren't very defined (I can only imagine him as she tried to do this--moving all around, trying to put his paint-covered hands in his mouth, etc), I know I will treasure it for a long time.

What a difference a year makes, huh?
Mother's Day 2007
Mother's Day 2008

I am so blessed and humbled that God chose us to be Carter's parents. There are so many things that I love about being a mom, and I love it more and more every day. I used to be annoyed when people would say that parenting and the love you have for your child is something that you really can't understand until you have a child of your own. Now, I completely understand. Some things are just beyond our ability to characterize them in words.

Helping Dad plant flowers

No comments: