Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Very Merry Un-Birthday!

Well, kind of an un-birthday. Today, Carter is 9 months old! I can honestly say that I have no idea where the last nine months have gone. I feel like I blinked and nine months, gone; just like that. I am trying so hard to soak it all it. I find myself putting off things on my to-do list, just so that I can hang out with him and watch him learn and explore.

Carter is such a delightful and fun little boy. He is generally happy and loves to play! He is incredibly interactive, both with adults and with other children. Carter prefers now to play standing up and holding on to something,and he loves to climb--on, over, around; people, toys, pets; It doesn't matter. He is pretty adventurous and can entertain himself pretty well. He just crawls around until he finds something that interests him. Safe sometimes, scary at others. I feel like I need multiple sets of eyes and ears just to make sure he isn't into something he shouldn't be.

Nick and I comment almost every day about what a precious child he is and how blessed we are to have him as our child. We are so thankful that God prepared us to be his earthly parents! We love you little one and wish you 3 months more of Very Merry Un-Birthdays until we will celebrate the big 1!

Look what I found

Can't seem to drink it

Maybe this will help

By the way, I took Carter to the pool for the first time yesterday. He hated it. The baby pool was freezing, so I skipped it and got into the big pool with him. The minute his feet hit the water, he started crying. Not wailing or screaming, just crying. I tried showing him how to splash like he does in the bath (which he LOVES!) and putting him into his float. Still crying. So, we got out and sat in a lounge chair wrapped up in a towel for a little while. No more crying. Then, I got up, holding Carter, to walk around the pool to talk to a friend. As soon as I began to approach the pool, more crying. There are no pictures because Nick was playing golf, and it was all I could do to get the two of us into the pool. So, we'll try again this weekend, and maybe we'll appropriately start in the baby pool this time. And, hopefull we'll have pictures to share!

Now, I've found the good stuff

Happy 9 Months Baby Boy!

4 comments:

StaceyLWillis said...

I can't beleive you are 9 months old Carter! I love you and will see you soon!! Love, Aunt Stacey

Jennie-Marie said...

Happy 9th month Carter!!!!

Button said...

Carter is just waiting for "bigger" water! Can't wait for your beach trip in July!
Love you!
Aunt B

Unknown said...

How time has flown. We cannot wait to get you down here to get some sand and salt water in your veins.
love
Bamma