Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bumps and Bruises



It appears that the little boy we have on our hands is ALL BOY. Which is to say that he is quite adventuresome and thinks he is bigger than he is. Thursday, I got back to my desk after a meeting to a voicemail from one of Carter's teachers. She wanted to tell me that he had been pulling up on a toy, fell and hit the side of his head on another toy. She knows what my standard questions are and answered them: Is he bleeding? There was no blood; it didn't break the skin. Is he okay? He is okay now. Is he happy now? He cried for just a little bit and we put some ice on it and now he is happy and back to playing. When I picked him up, if they hadn't pointed out the red mark on the side of his head, I would not have been able to tell. He was in a great mood and didn't show any signs of slowing down.

Yesterday, I was on the phone at my desk, and my message arrow appeared. When I got off the phone, I listened to the message, which was from Carter's other teacher. She wanted to let me know that Carter had fallen again and hit his head. He had been crawling over and pulling up on a futon (one that is on the ground) and pillows and fell forward over one of the pillows and hit his head. Again, they iced it and he was doing fine now. She said that she hoped this calling with Carter's falling events wouldn't become a daily occurance.

In the picture above, the red mark in the middle of his head is from bouncing around in his crib this morning when he woke up. The bruise over his left eyebrow (to the right in the picture) is from yesterday's fall. The mark from Thursday's fall is long gone in anticipation of what will certainly be another one to take its place.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennie-Marie said...

We had a huge goose egg in the same place from pulling up too. No blood, just bruised, and a few tears. I know it is the first of many bumps and bruises! But how fun is it to see them getting around and discovering new things!!!

Maggie Pelton said...

Oh, they'll keep coming! I really didn't think a dainty little girly girl would be so accident prone. Maggie falls down, runs into a wall, smacks herself in the head with something, etc... at least 2 or 3 times a day. She's always coming up with a new bruise or bump.