Saturday, August 15, 2009

Movin' On Up


Carter spent his last full day in his Blue Locomotives classroom yesterday. He'll be transitioning to the twos classroom next week! It hardly seems possible. It seems like just yesterday I posted this--about his first week in this classroom!

His teachers {whom we LOVE and are so sad for him to leave!} made the sweet collage above for the each of the parents of the four boys who will be transitioning up next week. I thought it was really thoughtful of them, and Carter really likes it, too. The whole way home on Friday, he was looking at it and naming all of his friends and what they were doing in the pictures.

He has really grown so much in the past year. When he started in Blue Locs, he was barely walking & talking...and now, we can't get him to slow down. He is a non-stop talker and runs and jumps with the best of 'em.

I got emotional when I picked him up on Friday and Amber gave me the collage. One of his teachers, Deanna, has been with him since his first day of school {she moved to the toddlers about the same time Carter did}, and Amber has been wonderful too. So, it is hard for me, and I am sure will be a transition for Carter, too.

But, I know it is time for him to move up. Nick and I were talking the other day about how we think he is getting a little bored. He loves to learn new things, and I think he thrives in an environment where he has friends a little bit older than he is to play along with.

I can't wait to see what new friends he makes and what new experiences he has!

1 comment:

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

exciting! i know he's going to just love his new class and learn so much! :)