Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Pleasant Surprise

In my last post, I mentioned that we had a special surprise while we were at the beach. I got a call/message from one of my best friends from college, Jennifer {we'd been playing phone tag for over a week}, and she said that I could call her the next day because she'd be in the car driving to none other than....Gulf Shores, AL! I was so excited...I called her back right away and let her know that Carter and I were also down at the beach. We, of course made plans to get together!

(please forgive how horrible I look in this picture...I am 9 months prego, remember?)

We haven't seen each other in almost a year--since this trip to the beach along with Mary Ruffin & David--and Carter and her son who is about 6 months older than Carter had never met. It was great to visit with Jennifer and her sweet family! I definitely don't get to see her enough.

Jennifer, Dan & their children were kind enough to include Carter and me in a family outing for dinner at DeSotos, which was yummy. Then, we all went back to my parents' house, where the kiddos had popsicles for dessert and then enjoyed a sunset dip in the pool!

All of the children outside the restaurant after dinner (Hayston, Avery & Carter)


All of the children enjoying a popsicle before swimming

I am SO HAPPY that she told me that they were traveling to the beach. I would have been so sad to find out after the fact that we'd both been down there and didn't catch up!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

love all of your pics. I have been thinking about you as our due dates approach. do you have your scheduled date yet? i just scheduled mine today! Aug 31st... that's your due date, right. it's getting so close I can't even believe it!