Monday, August 17, 2009

This Little Guy


Zoom in

Zoom Out

This precious little boy just melts my heart every day. He also amazes me with how fast he is learning and growing these days! The pictures above are from the other night...I look around to find him and he is lying on the cushions/pillows on the couch in our living room. He thought he was so clever, and he didn't want to get down. He kept saying "Mama, pat you, " which translates to "I'm tired, will you pat me on the back so I can relax and pretend to sleep." To which I replied, "Carter, you need to get down. I don't think it is very safe for you to be lying on the back of the couch." I am such a party pooper.

Today, we had his 2 year old well visit with the pediatrician. There were no shots, but he was still not thrilled to be there. He cried until he realized that he wasn't going to get stuck, and then he started talking up a storm and trying to put his clothes back on while I was talking with the doctor. She thought he was a hoot! Incidentally, so do I. He weighs 27.6 lbs and is 34.5 inches tall...we're getting close to that 3 foot mark!

And just because I haven't taken nearly as many belly pics this time as I did when I was pregnant with Carter...here is one from this past weekend. It isn't the greatest picture ever--of either of us--but it definitely shows you how well Baby #2 is growing! :)


8 comments:

Jennie-Marie said...

Sue you look great! Any thoughts on boy or girl? I know you are excited, can't wait to hear.

Haley Gilroy said...

sue you look amazing! can't wait for the new little guy or girl. hugs to you guys and carter. :)

The Nix Family said...

You look fantastic!!! I can't wait to hear the news!! Carter will be a great big brother!!

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

you look great to be just a few days out! can't wait to hear about the new arrival and see photos...soon! :) good luck!

Maggie Pelton said...

You look so cute! I can't believe you have less than 10 days to go!!!

Button said...

I'm so excited that I will have a new little niece or nephew in about a week!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Unknown said...

Cannot wait to be with you, "Fitz", Carter and Nicholas when out new baby arrives.
love
Bamma

Leslie said...

You look so cute! I am sure you can't wait for baby #2 to make his or her appearance!!