Friday, August 28, 2009

Family of Four


Well, we seem to be adjusting to life as a family of four pretty well. Granted, we haven't all four stayed under the same roof yet, but we are in heaven with our new little girl!

She couldn't be a sweeter, more precious child. Not that I am biased or anything... She is eating well and sleeping well and really just doing most of the things she should be doing in these first few days.


We have been very blessed to have Bamma with us since Wednesday. It has been nice to have someone who can be at the hospital with Callen and me when Nick isn't here, but what has been especially nice is that Bamma has been taking Carter home in the evenings after his daily visits. This has given them some fun bonding time over play time, dinner time, and bath and bed time, and it has offered Nick and me the opportunity to spend some alone time with Callen that we wouldn't otherwise have the chance to do.


The big brother seems to be really taken with his new role. Carter is loving having a "baby sister." Today, when he got here and realized Callen was in the room, he started saying "my Callen!" which was very cute. He loves to look at her, touch her {gently, I may add}, and kiss on her. It seems the book that we got him about being a big brother really helped him understand. He even repeated one of the lines from it today {unprompted!}, saying "I'm special in a new way too!" The next line in the book is, "I'm a big brother now." I love that he is excited about having a little sister. We asked him if he was excited to have her at home with him tomorrow, and he said yes! A step in the right direction. Lots of prayers that he continues to love her and be a fabulous big brother.


This is Callen's "grand champion" ribbon on display in the post partum hallway with all of her stats on it!
We are looking forward to going home tomorrow and embarking on "real life" as a family of four!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is going to be a great big brother. Glad everyone is adjusting well!

Niff

Button said...

She is so beautiful and Carter is doing such a great job as a big brother. I was so delighted to see and talk to y'all! Can't wait to do so in person!

Love y'all!

Dana and Chris Sheheane said...

Congratulations Sue!!! I'm so excited for y'all. What a precious name and so fun that it's a girl!! It makes me really excited. I just wish Wells would understand what was about to happen!!! Oh well, I guess he'll never know the difference! I'll keep checking back in. So fun!! love, dana