Monday, November 26, 2007

Back to Work and off to Daycare!!!

With Ms. Deanna on my first day of daycare
Today was my first day back at work, and I have to say, it went fairly well. I had to get up a little earlier than usual since I was adding a few steps to my morning routine, so I must admit that I am a little more tired than usual tonight.

Nick and I both took Carter to his first day of "school" (read: daycare). Thanks to Nick for indulging me on this...I am sure there was probably no reason that we both needed to go, but I appreciated the moral support. I actually made it through the drop off with NO tears! Don't get me wrong, I cried all day on Sunday thinking about it! He was smiling right before we left, so that helped me do well, I think.

I called around lunchtime to check on him and his teacher said he was doing great! When I went to pick him up, he was fussing a little bit while one of the teachers was holding him, but when I started talking to him, he immediately jerked his head up to look for me. What a nice treat after being away from him all day! Once I got him home and fed him, he definitely wanted to love on his mom and dad for a little bit. After that he totally cashed out in his swing...worn out from his day at school and content to be home!

(make sure to scroll down--I did two posts today and I would hate for you to miss the cute pictures in the other post!)

Cashed out in my swing after my first day of school

4 comments:

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

Glad you made it through! Each day gets easier and easier!

Button said...

"School" will definitely wear you out! I'm glad you and Carter made it through your first day! Love you!

The Powells said...

I am so proud of you, you did much better than me on my first day! Be prepared some days are easier than others.

Susie said...

so glad it went well! i hope each day gets better and better!