Tuesday, August 4, 2009

We're Back!

Where have we been, you ask? I'll give you a few pictures as a clue.


Yes, don't tell my doctors, but Carter and I took another trip down to the beach to see my Mom & Dad, and visit with them plus my sister and her husband. It was such a great trip, and I am so glad that we went. It was great to get to spend more time with my family and some one-on-one time with Carter before the new baby gets here.

Carter and I flew out last Thursday and just got back tonight. We had a horrible travel day on the way down three hour delay, one of which was on the plane, before we ever left Indy plus a missed connection and luck to get on the one lone flight left flying into Pensacola from Atlanta, but my little man travels like a champ. He never cried or fussed. And, on the way home today, he was also an angel, but there were no travel delays...THANK GOODNESS!

Carter had a blast! He swam & swam & swam! He finally mastered the art of swimming in just his bubble on his own, I might add...he just decided to jump right in with only the bubble on after he had a break for snack time and got very brave in the water.

He also went fishing with Big Pat (my dad) and caught 3 fish...two smaller fish and one speckled trout, that was pretty nice-sized! He loved it. I wish that I could have gotten a good picture of his face when he would see the fish flipping and flopping at the top of the water when he reeled them in...he was DELIGHTED! His eyes just lit up, and he would bend down parallel with the water to see the fish better!

We had a great time and are so happy that we decided to go back down once more this summer especially since we are home with Baby Willis still tucked in my tummy. {We also had a very special surprise while we were down there, but that is for a later blog.} Thanks to Bamma and Big Pat for being such a great host/hostess and chauffeur. We can't wait to see you again soon!
Although we had a FABULOUS trip, we are happy to be home...and both of us were thrilled to see Nick tonight...he's the only thing that could have made the trip any better!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved having you and "that Carter Man" - ya'll are really treasures and we miss you terribly.
love
Bamma and Big Pat