Friday, September 12, 2008

Have I mentioned...

...that I love our daycare? This week was Carter's first full week in his toddler room. Overall, he did really well. He cried each morning when I dropped him off {completely gut-wrenching for those of you who have not experienced this}, and he was generally crying when I picked him up--mostly because he was tired or his future teeth were bothering him. At any rate, his teachers swore to me that he was having great days; playing, exploring and interacting with the other children really well. I believed them because last week they were the ones giving me an honest assessment that he wasn't doing so well. So, yesterday afternoon when I picked him up, his teacher gave me this little booklet with pictures of Carter playing, learning and having a great time. I was touched by her thoughtfulness and loved seeing the pictures from his week.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

McCulloch Family said...

How wonderful!!! Isn't it the best feeling to know that he is enjoying his time while he is away from you? AND in great hands?!!! So glad he is transitioning better this week. And THANK YOU for the advice last week. We took Izzy to her new school for an hour and she LOVED it. So I'm not too worried about the transition from school to school. Rather, I'm excited for her to get a fresh start! Here's to quality, loving, caring daycare!!!

Button said...

It appears as though Carter will follow in the footsteps of his mother, Aunt B, and Uncle Steve and LOVE school! (I can't speak for the Willis clan since I didn't know them then, but I'm sure he comes from good stock there, as well.)

Caroline said...

Awe, it is so sweet that they did the booklet for you. I am very fortunate that Julianna LOVES school but I still would love to be able to spy on her for a day. See how she interacts with her "friends." I want a booklet too! :) Glad he is having fun. Each week will get better and better. Before you know it you will be upset that he doesn't even look back when you drop him off!!

Kelli said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful teacher! I COMPLETELY understand where you are coming from!!! AG just started daycare last week, and it has been a HUGE adjustment for her and for me! There was a lot of crying the first week, for both of us! This week was better, though. The biggest adjustment is that she has gone from at least 2, sometimes 3, naps a day to only one. It has been TOUGH. Glad Carter has a wonderful teacher who cares!

Unknown said...

His teacher grandmother, Bamma, mandates that he MUST love school and I know he loves learning - so there you go.
love,
Bamma