Sunday, July 13, 2008

I've Been Caught

by the pink eye bug! :(

It was only a matter of time. Objectively, I guess we should be truly thankful. Carter has been in daycare since the week after Thanksgiving, and this is the first time that he has caught something other than a cough or a runny nose.

It bothered me far worse than it bothered Carter. Which is to say that it didn't bother Carter at all.

We noticed it right away, got some drops (trust me, this reads much easier than it was!) and a day and a half later--today--he appears to be almost free of the pink eye bug. Yea!

7 comments:

Kelli said...

Boo to pink eye. Sorry y'all had to deal with that. Glad Carter's eye is already doing better, though! Glad you caught it early.

Maggie Pelton said...

Poor mom and Carter! I know I get way more worked up about illnesses than Mags does sometimes, too! He's a cutie and getting so big!

Jennie-Marie said...

Sorry the bug got you Carter! We were all sick last week after a day at the splash pad, who knows what that bug was. Glad you are feeling better!

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

Mary Reese brought that home a few years ago...you all better be putting the drops in your eyes because MR spread it to me and Gigi!

Caroline said...

Oh no! That is the worst... I am so paranoid that I wash my hands a billion times b/c I dont want it to spread through the house! Julianna has had it twice but luckily it seems to go as quickly as it comes! Hope it does for Carter too!

Ronda's Rants said...

So sorry about pink eye...not fun! BTW...I have a almost 3 year old grand son named Carter! Love, the name...we are Carter Mitchell. Enjoy him...they grow up so quickly!

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

Poor little guy! Isn't it terrible?! I got the bug just two weeks after Emily was born...had to be extremely careful not to pass it on to her. We avoided it that time around, but I know it will happen one day. Thankfully it doesn't stick around long!