Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Beach Baby

I am finally getting around to posting about our vacation last week. We were able to drive back down to Alabama to visit our family and spend some time at the beach. It was a great trip, but I have to say it was quite a bit different from previous beach trips Nick and I have taken solo!

Carter was introduced to the gulf through his"toe dipping." He was definitely not a fan. He started crying as soon as we walked toward the surf, and I swear he was holding on so tightly that I could have let go and he wouldn't have gone anywhere (I didn't!).



Carter's "toe dippin'"
He wasn't really sure what to think of the sand, but after a few minutes, he was crawling all over. Which, of course meant that we all had sand all over us as well...and everything else!

This sand stuff is weird
To redeem his skepticism of the gulf, Carter felt obligated to show off his love of the pool. He continues to love it and loves being out of his float and "swimming" like a big boy. He has even graduated to going under water--with help, of course!

Swimming like a big boy with Dad

We got to spend lots of time with my family, visit with Nick's mom, brother and sister, Stacey, and Nick managed to play in a golf tournament last weekend as we drove back through Birmingham on our way home.


It was fun to see Carter explore so many new things and see him grow up so fast. He is definitely getting a little more steady on his feet. He is quite the "cruiser" now, and will even stand on his own every now and again!

These are just a few of our pictures...I will try to upload some to our picture site soon!

Family picture on the dock

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Martha@A Sense of Humor is Essential said...

Thank you so much for sharing the beautiful pictures of your family. Your son is just Adorable. Thanks also for stopping by my blog, I appreciate it.

Shelli said...

Hello from ICLW....

Carter is so cute. Looks like your family had a lot of fun!

alicia said...

ahh what a cutie! looks like you had fun!

here from ICLW

Button said...

I so enjoyed getting to "hang out" with Carter! I bet next year, he'll be swimming like a pro!

Love you!
Aunt B

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Your son is so cute! :) Loving him...

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

Carter looks so cute in his swim trunks and hat! Glad to hear ya'll had such a good time!