Tuesday, December 4, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

my first attempt at a magnolia wreath
hanging the advent ornament on the tree
We have been decorating for Christmas around the Willis household this week. We were going to go as a family to pick out our Christmas tree last Friday night after work, but Carter was fussy and sleepy, so he napped and Nick went to get the tree while I stayed with Carter. Nick managed to get the lights on the tree on Sunday while I put up the rest of the decorations and created a magnolia wreath for our front door. For the past two years, Nick's mom has made a magnolia wreath for our door, but this year I had to tackle the assembly myself (Debbie sent me the magnolia branches! thanks!). I must say; it doesn't look too bad. It isn't as pretty as the ones Debbie and Andrea make, but not too shabby for a rookie. We capped off our Christmas decorating by putting the ornaments on the tree last night; so now our house looks as festive as we are feeling!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Murphy Family said...

Sue...I love the wreath! It turned out great and I can't wait to see it in person!

D

Jennie-Marie said...

We have an advent tree like that at Mom and Dad's, wish we had one at our house too. The wreath looks great!!! Hope you are all doing well.

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

The wreath looks good! You did a great job!!! Jennie-Marie, starting doing the advent wreaths for us. We have one at our house. I have some "instructions" on how she did them if you are interested. My kids LOVE hanging up the ornaments each day.

Anonymous said...

It looks awesome! I am not that crafty.
We bought an advent tree from Pottery Barn Kids 2 years ago (we buy everything from there.) I will see if Julianna can help me put the ornament on today. She will probably eat it!
Hope all is well!

Anonymous said...

The wreath looks great. I wish I had as much done. Hope to do my
wreath today.
Granny Pat

Kelli said...

You did a great job on your wreath! I am very impressed! I hope this week at work was better than last week! I've been thinking about you.

Kelli