Wednesday, October 31, 2007

RRRRIBIT, RRRRIBIT!



Carter's first Halloween was a huge success! Banks and Mary Reese so kindly loaned him their first Halloween costume so that he could be a frog tonight. And what a PRECIOUS frog he is! (if I do say so myself) He was a terrific sport. He didn't mind the costume at all, nor did he mind us dragging him around trick-or-treating. He even managed to grab quick snoozes in the car between stops.

Hanging Out with my Friend, Connor Murphy, on Halloween


Our first stop was at Deanna and Pat's house so that we could hang out with them and let Connor and Carter get their Halloween picture taken together. We can't wait until they can trick-or-treat together...it won't be long. After visiting with the Murphys, we headed to the Gilroys' house to trick-or-treat. Thanks to both families for having us hang out for a little bit. We tried to make a few more stops, but everyone was out trick-or-treating, so we missed a couple of people. So sad...maybe next time!

On a different note (yet equally exciting!), Carter got in to Lilly's Child Development Center! He will be in the Red Caboose room. I am beside myself with excitement! When I toured the center, I would have left him there that day if I could have (only I was pregnant at the time); that is how comfortable I felt. The children were so happy, the staff and teachers were incredible, and I just felt good about it, in general. We just got the call yesterday, and Carter will start on November 26th! Such a blessing from God. We have been on the waiting list since last January, and I have been praying that God would help us find the right place for Carter spiritually, mentally & physically, and I know this is an answer to our prayers. Please say a prayer of praise for our good news!

Happy Halloween!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

He is the cutest Frog I have ever seen (well tied with Banks)!!! Hope he had a fun First Halloween!

Button said...

You know how much I LOVE frogs and Carter is the cutest one yet!!! I'm glad his first Halloween was such a success!

Kelli said...

LOVE the frog costume!! Too cute! I also love the adorable onesie with the gingham elephant on it! Precious. He is getting so big...very glad he is sleeping well! It does make a big difference, doesn't it?!

Haute Mama said...

Chase is in Green Caboose so he and Carter should see each other every now and then. Ella and Chase attend Tuesdays and Thursdays. LOVE your blog! Carter is BEAUTIFUL! God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Nick & Sue - my Mom just mailed me your baby announcement - congratulations! I know I'm a little late, but know that I've been thinking of you all. I hope you all are doing well. Nick, shoot me an email at DOzier99@aol.com and I'll catch you up.
Davis Ozier

Susie said...

carter and nick make some pretty cute frogs! that is great about carter's daycare! i am happy for you!