Sunday, October 28, 2007

Big Weekend!

Really, a big long weekend. It started on Thursday with our two month visit to the Dr. Carter is definitely a growing boy. He weighed in at 12lbs, 2oz and is 24 inches long. I can hardly believe that he is getting so big. Dr. Bergstein asked us about Carter's sleeping habits, and we gladly reported that he has been sleeping about 8 hours (from about 11 to 7!) for the past week! She concluded that he was just showing off prior to his doctor visit, but he has continued to sleep well. (Let's hope that I haven't jinxed it!) He survived getting four shots and an oral vaccine, and so did I. He did really well, crying a little bit, but calming down pretty quickly.

Later on Thursday evening, our friends Deanna and Pat, had their baby! Since they didn't know what they were having either, we were super excited to find out that Carter has a new friend to play with--Connor Murphy! Carter and I went up to the hospital on Friday to meet Connor and check on his parents. All were doing well, and Connor is too precious! It was hard for me to believe that my 12 pounder was ever that small! And it was only 2 months ago.

To round out the weekend, Nick left on Friday to go to Tampa for a fishing trip for his buddy, Matt Taylor's, 30th birthday. Martie, Matt's wife, organized a boys' weekend fishing trip to help Matt celebrate, and Nick was excited to go. Yes, my friends, that meant that I was at home with Carter by myself all weekend! My mom kindly offered to come up and help me, but we decided to take her up on that offer when we go to Vegas for the weekend to celebrate Nick's 30th birthday in December.

So, Carter and I hung out on Friday during the day and two of my girlfriends came over for a girls' night on Friday night. Luckily, their husbands were traveling home from having been out of town for work at the end of the week, so we were all husbandless on Friday night! It was fun to hang out with the girls (and Carter), and it was nice to have some adult interaction. Carter and I also hung out yesterday and watched Gameday and some football, and now we are looking forward to heading to the airport to pick up Nick!

I am sorry for the lack of pictures, but Nick took the camera with him to Tampa. If he has any from his trip, I will post them soon!

No comments: