Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Mama said there'd be days like this...

Yesterday was quite the day at the Willis house...

The day started with my taking Dontrelle to the vet before 7:00am (before I woke up Carter) for a root canal--and, yes, you read that correctly. When I got home from dropping him off at roughly 7:15am, Carter was upstairs crying and Nick was in the basement so he didn't hear him. After a morning nap and a trip to the grocery store, Nick met us at home for lunch. While pulling chips out of the pantry, I knocked a bottle of balsamic vinegar off the shelf on to the floor. It consequently broke into many shards and teeny pieces of glass and sent balsamic vinegar all over the kitchen floor, walls, etc. Meanwhile, the TruGreen man is knocking at the front door, asking us to bring Wrigley inside so that he can treat the backyard. So, since there is glass all over the floor (not to mention the vinegar), Nick (in his suit) picks Wrigley up and we close her in the bathroom so she won't prance all over the glass.

Okay, so fast forward to about 5:00pm. I went back to the vet to pick up Dontrelle, whose root canal went very well. However, for whatever reason (numbness, anesthesia, etc), he was salivating like crazy. So, over the course of the evening, he deposited pools of saliva all over our upstairs for me to clean. Not to mention that Nick and I had to give him a pill and some liquid antibiotic (FYI, giving medicine to cats is darn near impossible). In addition to ALL of that, we have to feed him moist food, which Wrigley could smell and decided--as we were going to sleep--to stand at the top of the stairs and whine to tell us how much she wanted some of it. Ultimately, we all crashed!

I have to admit, I am hoping today is much more low key! I am sure many more of these days await once I go back to work!

No comments: