Saturday, October 13, 2007

I survived the Babysitter!

Our precious son



Last night Nick and I had our first night out without Carter. I am happy to report that I survived! It was never a question of whether or not Carter would make it--always whether or not I would. I didn't have any problem leaving the house, but as the night wore on, I began to get more apprehensive. It turns out that he did really well--didn't fuss much and slept most of the time, according to our babysitter. She is a student at Butler and was recommended by our friends Stacey and Kevin--to whom we are very grateful! I had tried to find a babysitter all week, but Butler's fall break is this weekend, so many girls were out of town.



As for our night out, we had a great time with the Murphys, Firebaughs, and the Gregorys. We had drinks and dinner in Broad Ripple, and it was nice to feel like our former "couple" selves. Not that we would trade our parental status for anything, but it is nice to have a night out with other adults without tending to the little one. We also received some great tips and advice from the Firebaughs, who have three precious, well-behaved children--and we employed Aimee's sleep techniques with Carter last night, and it seemed to be pretty successful. We look forward to seeing if the progress can be sustained tonight! Thanks to our friends for a great night out (and a good night's sleep!).

3 comments:

Button said...

I'm so glad you and Nick were able to get out for a while and leave Carter in capable hands. What I want to know is, how many times did you call to check on him while you were out? :) Love you!

Kelli said...

Hi Sue! Carter is adorable, and I love the picture of him propped up in the boppy! I am so glad that you and Nick were able to get out with your friends...it is so nice to get out for a few hours to have adult conversation! Want to share that great sleeping advice that you got from your friends?! I look forward to reading your next post and seeing new pics!

StaceyLWillis said...

I am glad to know that I am not going to be the first babysitter! I can't wait to keep him this Saturday!