Monday, April 25, 2011

The Bham Zoo

A few weeks ago, I got a text from my sister while I was out of town for the week for work. She was asking if I'd be interested in taking the children to the zoo on Saturday morning. I thought it'd be a great way to kick off our weekend and give Nick a little free time since he'd been flying solo parenting all week.

So, two Saturday mornings ago, right around 9:00am {the ONLY way to go, as far as I'm concerned}, we headed out to the zoo with my two favorite children. They were pretty excited that Aunt B was with us!

We saw many, many animals. We started the morning with the seals and with the Kangaroo. Callen thinks she is as big as Carter is and likes to do EVERYTHING he does. Can you tell?

This was easily our favorite animal of the day...though they did really like the wild dogs {?} too.
The giraffes are always a hit, and Aunt B is helping Callen get a better look.

Everyone stopping for a picture with Aunt B!
We had a great time, and we really enjoyed spending time with Aunt B seeing all the animals. Despite the cooler temps that morning, we even managed to take a train ride before heading home to have lunch and take naps to recover from such a busy morning!

2 comments:

Button said...

I had SO much fun! Thanks for agreeing to go! We'll have to do more of this during the summer and even hit the zoo at the beach!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Anna & Greg said...

Sue - are you and your family o.k.? I have been thinking about you, and hope the tornados missed you.

Anna