Saturday, February 6, 2010

Did you miss me?

I know. It's been a while. Lately, I have been feeling like this:

I can count on one hand the number of times in the last month that I have logged on to our personal computer.

Rather than bore you with excruciating details, I will just hit the highlights for you. Here is what has been going on:
  • Callen and I lived in Indy for the first three weeks of January while I was in training and Carter and Nick lived in Bham with my parents.
  • Callen and I made the transition to Birmingham
  • Carter had an ear infection and high fever that required a trip to the urgent care doctor on the Saturday morning after I got to Birmingham
  • We are diligently trying to find a house in Birmingham, but it is slow-going
  • I spent the first three days of my first week "in Birmingham" in Orlando for a meeting.
  • I have started my new job--officially in the field. The transition has been...interesting. Some days are better than others.
  • Carter and Callen started a new school, and they are both now {I am happy to report} thoroughly enjoying it.
  • Nick and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on the first of February.
  • Callen has started eating stage 1 baby food--she's passed the three day test with green beans and peas, and we are on to carrots.
  • We are enjoying lots of family time and have gotten to visit with my family and even make a day trip to Decatur to visit with Nick's family...something we never had the option to do when we lived in Indy.
  • We are LOVING "warmer" {yes, I know this is a relative term, but Indy got 6 inches of snow yesterday!} weather!

So, now you should be pretty up to date on what's been going on around here. I am hoping to be better over the coming weeks! Now, I just need to catch up on everyone else's blogs...

2 comments:

McCulloch Family said...

Welcome Back!! I sure did miss you and your family updates. I knew you had a busy month...so I've been patiently waiting for some good news from you. Congrats on a successful transition back home and into the field. Hope you find a house soon!

Button said...

I love the pictures! I'm hoping to stop by Mom & Dad's sometime this week and visit with y'all!

Love y'all!
Aunt B