Monday, September 7, 2009

The End of Summer

Labor Day...the unofficial end of summer is always a little sad for this southern girl. As much as I enjoy college football season though it is much easier to enjoy when you are close enough to go to more than one or two games a season!, I am really not a fan of fall. I LOVE warm weather, and I am always a little disappointed when Labor Day rolls around and the pool closes.

This year I am particularly sad. Perhaps it is because we haven't really had all that many REALLY warm {90 degree +} days this summer. Perhaps it is because I could already feel the chill in the air this afternoon. Or perhaps, most likely, it is because I have grown accustomed to watching Carter revel in the outdoors. He loves to play outside, and he truly loves the pool. It has been such a joy to watch him go from throwing all the pool toys into the baby pool to jumping off the diving board and asking Daddy to dunk him under the water!

I know that next summer will hold many fun adventures, as Callen will probably be crawling and will definitely be experiencing the water for the first time, and I expect Carter will be thrilled to be able to get back in the pool. It is just that I know there is a long time and, even worse, perhaps a lot of snow between now and then.

All of that said, we, of course, had to go to the pool on closing day. Carter went directly to the diving board, and then he and Daddy swam, shot hoops, and played in the water while Callen slept and I took pictures.

So until next summer...
Waiting for Daddy to put him on the diving board
The approach
Swimming to the ladder
Climbing up the ladder

Playing with Daddy in the pool

A snoozing Callen

1 comment:

Button said...

You are DEFINITELY a southern girl! We need to make sure my nephew and niece are reared the same way! "Snow" should not be a major part of their vocabulary!

Love y'all!
Aunt B