Sunday, July 12, 2009

Walking with Dinosaurs

Carter's friend, Jackson {and his mom & dad} invited us to go see Walking with Dinosaurs yesterday with them. Carter likes dinosaurs so we accepted the invitation, but we weren't 100% sure that he'd do well with life-sized dinosaurs right in front of him.

He talked about going to see the dinosaurs all week, and then when the lights went out and the narrator/paleontologist was talking, he kept saying "go home," so I was getting a little worried. However, once the dinosaurs actually made an appearance, he was fine. He loved watching the dinosaurs!

Brachiosaurus

Watching the dinosaurs with Mom

Carter fell asleep {it was his normal naptime} right before the last dinosaurs came out, so he missed T-Rex. There was a full-on dinosaur fight between T-Rex and two other dinosaurs that he slept through. I found myself laughing that I worry about whether or not our creaking floors will wake him up, but he can sleep through a dinosaur fight with sound broadcast through an arena. I guess I can stop worrying.

T-Rex

Sleeping on Daddy on the way out

It was a fun morning, and Carter loved seeing the dinosaurs. Thanks to the Willetts for including us!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That boy knows what is important. When it is time to sleep - it is time to sleep.
love to you all and we miss you terribly.
Bamma

Button said...

Yay! Carter takes after his Aunt B; it's important to know that you can sleep ANYWHERE!!!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Caroline said...

Oh, I love dinos. I bet that was fun!!!