Friday, July 24, 2009

This Blog Post

is brought to you by our new Mac and Eli Lilly & Co.

For my birthday recently, Nick got me (us, really, I guess) a new computer. We'd been talking for a while about joining the ranks of Mac users, and since the majority of what I use our home computer for is pictures, email and internet, it just made sense for us to switch from a PC to a Mac. Due to the fact that the monitor on our old laptop shorted out last weekend, I got my birthday present a little early. So far, we are really enjoying the new computer; though, I must say that we are still learning. I'd really gotten comfortable with a PC after years and years of using only that, but I am excited to entering new (for me) territory.

And as of 5:00pm yesterday, I am on maternity leave! Yay! Lilly's maternity leave is from 4 weeks prior to your anticipated delivery date up to 12 weeks post the baby's birth. That equates to at least a few weeks of down time prior to the baby's birth, since life is pretty hectic after that point for one growing Mommy. I need to get busy working on the finishing touches in Carter's big boy room and getting all of our baby items/clothes out and organized. BUT, I keep telling myself, that I have plenty of time for that, so I am relaxing for a few days.

While I was on blog-hiatus trying to figure out how to do the basics on my new computer, sweet Leslie gave me an Aww-Summ award for which I am very appreciative. I am supposed to share 7 things that make me Aww-Summ and then tag 7 fellow bloggers that I think are Aww-Summ. So, I'll give it a try. In general, there is not much about me specifically that makes me awesome...I prefer to focus on those things around me that create and/or elicit awesome-ness:
1. Jesus
2. My sweet husband
3. My precious son
4. Our extended family--my family and Nick's. I have learned and grown so much from the love and support they give me.
5. I am 2x graduate of The University of Alabama...I include this because it has also shaped who I am in so many ways.
6. My amazing friends--those who are near and those who are far...my relationship with them has and continues to make me a better person, friend, and mom.
7. Did I mention my husband and my son (and of course the future Baby Willis, too!)? They truly inspire me and bring out the best and also, sadly, sometimes the worst in me.

So, now it is my turn to tag 7 others (in no particular order), who can share 7 Awe-Summ things about themselves!
1. Button
2. Andrea
3. Deanna
4. Sarah
5. Caroline
6. Meg
7. Leslie (though, I don't expect you to re-do your 7 things!)

1 comment:

Anna & Greg said...

Wow - what a great maternity leave program! Enjoy every minute - I'm eager to check your blog soon and see a new baby has arrived!