Saturday, December 6, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This morning after Nick left for warmer weather and the SEC championship game we got about two inches of snow. Although it pained me greatly to get out in the cold, I thought Carter might want to explore it a little. He seemed rather into checking it out at first.

Then he realized it he could walk around and he took off. It was all I could do to keep him off of the street {which was also snow-covered}.

He decided to climb back up the stairs at the street end of our walkway, and when he put his mittens in the snow, he did NOT like the cold sensation. He kept holding them out to me as if to say, "Take the cold off, Mom!" It was too funny. So, we decided the exploring of snow was over. When we got inside, his mittens were soaked and his pants legs were wet, and he was not happy about it, so we quickly changed.
When it comes to cold and snow: my sentiments exactly.

8 comments:

Kellie said...

Too fun - yes snow always looks fun and exciting until you're actually in it!

StaceyLWillis said...

WOW! So much snow...Carter, you are too cute in your gear!

Button said...

I so feel your pain, Carter-man! I, myself, am not a fan of cold weather. Come back south and we'll keep you warm!

Love you!
Aunt B

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

Amen Carter! I don't blame you one bit!!!

Unknown said...

"Carter Man" is a TRUE Southern gentleman - not wanting anything to do with the cold and snow.
Love
Bamma and Big Pat

C said...

Sue, I hadn't looked at your blog for quite a while. I can't believe how much Carter has grown! Soon he'll be "querying" you--I hope you're ready for all his questions!

He's adorable, as expected, and you and Nick look ecstatic. What a lucky family you are!

Cathy Manis

Leslie said...

Can't wait to see snow myself when we come up there for a visit! I am sure I will be tired of it after about five minutes!

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

wow! fun times in the snow and cold!

we had a little ourselves last week in Kansas, but i haven't gotten those pictures up yet. emily loved it. i wish we'd gotten more before we left!