Tuesday, December 23, 2008

No rest for the weary

Lilly closes for an end-of-year holiday from Christmas Day to New Year's Day, and most people {including me} take additional vacation to round out the time off to about two weeks. In the past, this has been a nice down-time for me...just to relax and recharge a bit. However, Carter is a BUSY little boy, and there are scarcely enough not counting the Christmas tree toys here to occupy his time and energy.

That said, today we along with, I swear, at least a third of the children in the greater Indianapolis area went to the Children's Museum. This was Carter's first trip to the museum and he LOVED it. They have a playscape for children under 5, and it was perfect. There were water tables, sand tables, slides, climbers, a kitchen, and a building area. He was in hog heaven. We stayed and played for two hours, at which point Carter's eyes started to glaze over and I witnessed the long, "I'm-ready-for-naptime" blinks.
We came home and both took naps!
Playing in the water table

The sand table

Playing in the garden

Riding the raft like a big boy

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kelli said...

How much fun?!! I am so jealous. Our living room is full of toys, but I agree, none to fully occupy Avi's time when we are at home for hours on end! Wish we had something like that close by!

Merry Christmas!

Haute Mama said...

We love the museum too! In fact, I think our membership needs to be renewed at the end of the year. You probably know this, but if you show your Lilly ID you receive a discount on your family membership.

StaceyLWillis said...

That place reminds me of the McWane Center! My students love our field trip there. Carter will have to try it out the next time he is in B-ham! Merry Christmas!

Button said...

Looks like you both had a good time and both deserved naps when you got home! Get that Carter-man in bed early tonight so that Santa will come see him! We'll miss you tonight! Have a Merry Christmas and I hope we see y'all soon!

Love you all!
Aunt B

Unknown said...

I am glad ya'll are having fun in Indy but you WILL be missed tonight. We have all told Santa what a fabulous boy our "Carter Man" is and I know he will be good to all.
Love to you 3 and Merry Christmas!!!
Bamma and Big Pat

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

Christmas Gift