Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This and That

My apologies for the blog hiatus. I guess there hasn't been anything that seemed particularly blog-worthy going on lately. We enjoyed a nice weekend of SEC football and time with friends.

Playing with the football in anticipation of a big Tide victory

Carter and I went to a birthday party for a little girl across the street on Sunday. He was so fun to watch. Although it was a one-year-old birthday party, the honoree has two older siblings, so most of the party-goers were older. I don't think anyone bothered to tell Carter, he was right there with everyone else. He was climbing all over riding toys, kicking the ball, pushing trucks, and playing with toys. We got to tie-dye t-shirts as our favor, and while the "big kids" got all day suckers for a treat, Carter got a ball--and couldn't have been happier!


After the birthday party, we headed over to Haley & James' house to watch the Giants game (James is a native NYer). It was great to spend time with them and Carter loved having yet another house to explore. Once he finally figured out how to get from the dining room into the kitchen without tripping over the ledge in the floor at the doorway, he was off and running.

Flirting with Haley

Now, we are back into our weekday routine, and Carter's teacher told me that he is doing really well at school. He has gotten past crying when I drop him off, and she told me that he is really getting a hang of the routine and rarely cries at all during the day! Yea! (wish I could say the same about me at work...just kidding...kind of...)


On a separate note, I have been turned on to Goo.gle Read.er, which has transformed my blog reading experience. It makes blog perusing much more efficient for me, which is key. I love to keep up with everyone...but sometimes I just don't feel like I can invest the time in searching to see who has updated. Goo.gle read.er does that for me. The only problem is that I feel like a bad blogging friend because I don't think you can comment from Goo.gle Read.er. So, if any of you are more savvy than I and know if you can or how to comment from there, please share. And for all of you...know that I am reading, even if I might not be commenting as often. I'll make it back around to commenting...probably on the weekend, during naptime, if I forgo a shower...

6 comments:

Jennie-Marie said...

So i just tried to leave a comment and something happened so sorry if you get it twice.
This is so funny, I love reader but have to remind myself to go back and comment. And too often I forget. Let me know if you find out a trick to leave comments. I'm so glad school is going well! Way to go Carter!!!

Button said...

He is just getting bigger and bigger all the time! We're looking forward to some time with the "Carter-man" in the near future! (We hope!)

Love you!
Aunt B

The Reeds said...

Google Reader is awesome!! I love how they suggest other blogs they think you will like.
Carter is adorable, as always:)

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

same here for us posting laely...not much going on. i need to get one done since it's been over a week! i should have spent some time posting instead of reading everyone else's!

Anonymous said...

What kind of rate plan does he have with that phone?

Steve

Maggie Pelton said...

I love Google Reader, too!! It makes all the difference! You can comment, you just click the little double arrow after the post title and it takes you to that post on the persons blog, scroll to the bottom and click "post a comment" or something like that.