Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Can't sit still

Today, they had a meet & greet with the toddler teachers at school...and he was so much fun to watch. Carter was all over the place, mostly chasing balls and pausing to look back and make sure I was still there before moving on to find another ball. He would run back over to me and fall into my lap, laugh hysterically and then get right back up and go running around.

He was also really precious with one of his friends from his previous classroom. Ben moved to a different toddler classroom, but when we were all together this afternoon, Carter and Ben were reaching out for each other and laughing/talking with each other...it was too cute. The teachers for both boys told me that they find each other on the playground and play together. It seems amazing to me that they form friendships this early!!!!

It seems that Carter is always on the go these days. It is so hard to get him to slow down long enough to do anything that requires sitting down or standing still. He is actually a great sleeper...once you get him to the bed...but he doesn't want to slow down long enough to get there. In fact, here are some pictures from this evening...Carter was tired, but wasn't going to stop

Just one more trip to the toy cabinet
A recharge on the couch
Walking and drinking...why stop to drink?
On the floor with the blanket...this is the key move indicating it is time for bed


2 comments:

Button said...

He's just so busy!!! I seem to remember his mom was busy and on the move as well...of course, I can't quite reac back far enough back in my memory to pull out images of her at Carter's age! I do remember that she was always in the middle of EVERYTHING!

Kellie said...

He reminds me of my Wilson - non-stop unitl it is time to stop for good!