Saturday, February 23, 2008

In the Green...and Blue...in Jackson Hole

Family pic before a day of skiing



We just returned home this afternoon from a week-long ski vacation in Jackson Hole, WY. Last year, around this time at a silent auction, we bid on a house in JH and won it! We were joined on our ski vacation by our friends Elizabeth and Rich, who were so much fun to spend the week with! The house was very nice and had a gorgeous view (see the pictures below), and the weather was perfect for this novice skiier...cold, but sunny and not snowing! Nick has experience skiing, but I had zero prior to this trip. I took a lesson the first day and wasn't really excited about it when I met Nick for lunch. However, by the end of the first day, I was looking forward to the next day. I did spend the majority of my time on the green slopes, but the last day I skiied, I attempted a blue with Nick. It wasn't pretty, but I made it down thanks to some patient coaching from my husband!

Carter was a pretty good little traveler on our trip! He was GREAT on the plane trips, but had a little trouble adjusting to the time change and had some tough nights. All in all, he truly was an angel, though, and it was such a treat to have him there with us.
more vacation pictures are on our shutterfly site (see the link on the sidebar)

Mommy and Carter after a day of skiing for Mom



The view from our living room window

Eating my feet in DFW on the way home
So tired back in Indy

5 comments:

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

Glad y'all had fun! Maybe we can do a family one in a few years!

McCulloch Family said...

OMG...looks like you guys had so much fun! Great pics!!!

Kelli said...

Sounds like a fabulous trip. I'm glad y'all had fun and that Carter did pretty well...I'm sure the time change was a bit confusing! Have a good week!

Caroline said...

Ohhh, I LOVE Jackson!!! Ike and have been twice now... once for skiing and once in the summer. It is beautiful during both seasons. Sue, dont be embarassed about your skiing skills. It is not easy to ski there.... the bunny hills feel like black diamonds on the east coast!!! I was so exhausted I had to stop and cry half way down one of the slightly more advanced slopes!!
Glad y'all had fun!!

Button said...

Looks like y'all had a wonderful time! Next time, if you go somewhere WARM, Aunt Button will be glad to go along to babysit! :) I hope we get to see y'all soon. Love you!