Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween Preview

Sunday evening, we had plans to go to B.oo at the Zoo with friends. One someone in our family was very excited to dress up in costume and one was not. I'll let you decide which was which.

Callen, while not at all interested in having her costume {which is ridiculously cute, BTW} put on her, was all about walking around like the diva she is toting her treat bag.

She also condescended to pose for some pictures with her costumed brother. I couldn't help but wonder how cute this picture would have been had she left her costume on.

Then it was off to the zoo. Carter and Carson posed for a picture.
This was my best attempt at getting a costumed picture of them both. Callen WAS. NOT. a fan of the costume. She didn't crack a smile the entire time that she had it on. {only when I finally changed her out of it just before heading home} I am sure it didn't help that the costume is probably pretty warm and it was 80 degrees outside.

Carter and Daddy on the train ride through the zoo.
In the Child.ren's zoo area, they had activities for the children to participate it--football toss, bowling, etc. There was also a DJ and a "monster mash." This is Carter while dancing in the monster mash!
Before we left, Carter and Dad posed with Big Al to celebrate a Tide victory over the Vols this past weekend!
While I don't have any pictures of the animals, we did see some of them. We also got to trick-or-treat a bit. It was a nice adventure, and we were glad we got to kick off our Halloween festivities with our friends, the Lillys.

5 comments:

The Lilly Family said...

We had a great time and loved Callen's costume....even though she didn't!!! Maybe she'll come around on Halloween!

Kelli said...

Too cute!! Avi wore the pig costume like Callen's when she was a year old. I loved that costume...actually got it in Birmingham. Anyway, looks like y'all had fun! Can't believe Halloween is already here!

Unknown said...

Sunny cracks me up - and diva is right and SHOULD BE!!!!! Good thing the C-man is as wonderful and even as he is.
Love and cannot wait for Halloween
Bamma

Button said...

Callen is definitely YOUR child--she has her own ideas about the way things should go! Gotta love that! And Carter looks like he's an old pro at this!

Let me know what y'all's plans are for Halloween. Our neighborhood is GREAT for "trick or treating," should you wish to head out this way! I definitely want to see them so get in touch with me, please, and let me know your plans! I'll be glad to help out if you need me!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

cute cute! love the diva shot!