Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving weekend

We celebrated Thanksgiving this year with our sweet little family of four...and it couldn't have been better! Nick and I prepped and made all of the yummy sides on Wednesday and Thursday, and Nick smoked a {WONDERFUL} turkey on Thursday.

I couldn't help but think of how truly thankful I am to have such a precious, healthy family. My husband is amazing beyond belief and my sweet children are one of God's greatest blessings in my life. My cup runneth over.

I start back to work on Monday, and I can even say that I am looking forward to it a bit. I know that it will be hard to leave Callen, but I can hope that over time she will have as many wonderful experiences in school as Carter has had. In preparation for my return to work, Callen decided to start sleeping through the night last week. Praise the Lord. I am much appreciative!

We also enjoyed the too close Alabama-Auburn football game yesterday. Callen was awake for most of it, and Carter wanted to play his own football game while we were watching it. They were decked out in their Tide gear...

Heaven forbid that he tear his eyes away from the game for a picture...he must be his daddy's child.

There, that's as good as I could get.

Yeah, keep wishing me luck with that Christmas card pic...still looking like I'm going to need it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

RTR and good luck with the little ones "on the morrow."
love
Bamma

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

that game was too close. it was awful. i can't believe how big callen is already! :)