Monday, November 30, 2009

First Day Back

Well, the big day has come and gone. I started back to work today. Overall it was a good, but somewhat crazy day. Nick was out of town for work, so I actually managed to get both children and me up and out the door. I know that doesn't sound like a very impressive feat, but when it is the first time you've ever had to do it... Well, I was impressed, anyway.

We left the house about 7:30am, and got to school in time for Carter to have breakfast and me to talk with Callen's teachers for a bit and love on her before I headed out. Gosh, driving away from school is still tough...but I made it to work by 8:40, and managed to have a good, productive day!

Callen had a great first day. She took lots of little naps, which I remember Carter doing at first too, ate well (drank all of all three bottles!--I don't think Carter did that), and enjoyed new experiences. She got to go on a buggy ride to see her brother. Carter's teachers said that he was so cute. They opened the door to push the buggy in and Carter said, "that's my baby Callen" and climbed up on the buggy to hug and kiss her.

When I picked them up, I picked Carter up first and took him to Callen's room to pick her up. He found her in the floor and wanted to read her a book. How precious is that?

I think it did me good to get back to the working world a bit, and it is so wonderful to have Carter and Callen in childcare that I love and that they thrive in. Though, I sure do miss those two precious kiddos when I am not with them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the first day back went well. Sounds like everyone had a good day. Thought about you several times!

Love you,
Niff

Button said...

What a GREAT big brother! I'm glad things went well for all of you--especially the fact that you were able to get all three of you ready and out the door in a timely fashion!

Love you!
Aunt B

Button said...

What a GREAT big brother! I'm glad things went well for all of you--especially the fact that you were able to get all three of you ready and out the door in a timely fashion!

Love you!
Aunt B