Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Two Months



Well, actually, Callen turned two months on Monday {which is hard to believe}, but we went to the doctor for her two month appointment today. She is now 11lbs, 6oz and 22.5 inches long. The doctor remains pleased with her growth and her neurological development.

I am super happy to report that the last three days Callen has been a much less fussy baby! {I am so afraid that I am jinxing it!} We have actually had moments where she has been awake and content, which was just about unheard of for the past 8 weeks. She has really been giving us a lot of smiles lately, and, just in the last week, has started cooing a little. I swear, those smiles and coos make the fussing MUCH easier to take! She has also starting tracking us more and more...Carter is her favorite target to track; she loves him already.

AND...he loves her. He always wants to make sure she is taken care of, covered up, loved on, etc. He is such a good big brother...and if you don't believe me, just ask him. He'll tell you!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud for you and Callen. The world is a happier place when the screeming stops. ENJOY !!!!!
love
Bamma

McCulloch Family said...

Yay for less fussy babies!!! Seems like we are almost over the hump...thank goodness!

Caroline said...

yay! what a sweet girl and great big brother. adorable. it is so much fun to see siblings together!

Kelli said...

Aww! The picture of Carter covering Callen up is adorable and so sweet! I am so glad you have had a few days of less fussiness. I am praying that continues!!

Button said...

I'm so glad that Callen is "settling in!" It is so evident how much Carter loves Callen. It was so cute to see him loving on her when y'all were here!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Maggie Pelton said...

I'm glad she seems to be getting better but sorry it's just NOW getting better. She's adorable! I love the story about Carter telling Nick not to make him cry! Cute strawberry shirt on Callen a couple posts down. where did you get that?