Sunday, October 4, 2009

Rescue Pack

Carter has been very into Diego for a few months. When we went to the grocery store to get the balloons for his birthday, we saw a Diego mylar balloon on a stick that was about $2. I decided it would be a nice birthday treat for my little man. When Callen was born, she gave him a Diego doll {along with his new basketball}. My mom gave Carter about 4 or 5 Diego books for his birthday...so, you can see the pattern here.

I decided that Carter needed to be Diego for Halloween {and Callen is going to be Baby Jaguar}, so I purchased a Diego costume online primarily for the vest and the rescue pack, since we have a light blue shirt and navy shorts.

Yesterday, when I went into Carter's room after his nap, he held up his Diego doll and balloon and said, "two Diegos." He was so happy to have both of his Diegos close by that I couldn't pass up an opportunity to pull out some of the costume that I have had hidden for about a month.

I decided to share Rescue Pack with him. HE. LOVED. IT. We had to put it on him right away! Nick and I couldn't stop laughing as Carter would say things like, "I need a skateboard." or "I need roller skates." {for those of you unfamiliar with Diego, rescue pack turns into things Diego needs to get to the animals he is rescuing} It was absolutely precious!

He wore rescue pack all around the house yesterday afternoon, and he wanted to take it with him when we left. {we didn't let him}

modeling Rescue Pack

I told him that he couldn't sleep with rescue pack but that we could put it on his dresser and he could get it first thing when he woke up. This morning when I went in to his room when he woke up, the first thing he said was, "I get rescue pack."

rescue pack with PJs
Looks like I made the right choice on the Halloween costume!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

I love it! Julianna loves Dora and Diego too. I thought I would hate those shows but I actually don't mind watching it. They are very interactive and she throws out random spanish words. He will be a GREAT Diego for Halloween.

Button said...

Too funny!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Unknown said...

Soooooooooooooooo much fun. he is delightful.
love
Bamma

The Lilly Family said...

That's so funny! Stephen is a Diego fan too and he has a diego game for his leapster. Whenever that game is in the leapster, he automatically refers to the leapster as his field journal! I bet baby jaguar will be precious at halloween too!