Wednesday, October 14, 2009

She's Still Here

I just realized that Callen has been absent from the blog while Carter's exploits have been detailed recently. I thought I'd bring y'all up to date on what the little peanut has been up to.

We see a little of this each day...an awake, content baby.
We (I) see A. LOT. of this--a very fussy baby

And, on occasion, during the daytime, we see a bit of this...a sweet, sleeping baby.
Overall, Callen is doing well. She eats well, and at night, she sleeps pretty well. {She eats at 10/10:30 and then when we get her down, she will sleep until 3/3:30, eat and then sleep again until 7ish.} The fussiness is really wearing on me, though. I find that the crying with Callen doesn't have the same effect on me that Carter's crying did. There are just times that it is SO. INCESSANT. I don't really want to wish away her "baby-ness," but, I swear, if it makes the fussing go away and returns a sweet, content baby in its place, I would make the trade.

This, too, shall pass...right? {please tell me I'm right! ;)}

9 comments:

Button said...

It will pass; I'm sure of it! :)

Can't wait to see y'all!

Love,
Aunt B

Kelli said...

Sue, I'm sorry she is so fussy. It WILL pass. I promise...maybe not as quickly as you would like for it to, but it will pass! Prayers for a happy baby.

Leslie said...

She is just so cute...how can she be fussy? :)
We are headed to Indy this afternoon. Arni's is our favorite pizza place but bazbeaux's(sp?) would be second. I can't believe it is cold up there. We are all going to come back with yucky noses!!

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

I am afraid it is just the difference between girls and boy. Girls are way more DRAMATIC!

Unknown said...

I don't believe the difference is male/female. You were a dream. I still say it is the Lovoy "colic" gene. And YES it will pass but not as quickly asyou would like. Love and see you shortly,
Bamma

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

I'm so sorry Callen is so fussy! EK was a very hard baby and it really took it's toll on me. It ended up that she had really bad acid reflux and once we got her on medicine, she got much better. I'm sure Callen will get better with time...but right now, I know it's so hard!!! She sure is a little beauty though! I love her little shirt in the first pic.

Leigh Collins said...

Since we have 2 girls, I have to tell you it has nothing to do with being a girl! We still say that if Anna had been our first, she would probably be an only child. She was soooo fussy - not colic, just a fussy baby at any and all times! Mary Mac did have colic, but for some reason she was easier to deal with. I think it's just the 2nd child trying to make her place in the family dynamic! But, yes, it too shall pass!

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

my grandmother used to always say that...and it's true! do you have a swing? emily was very fussy/borderline colic for several weeks and the swing was a miracle sometimes! hang in there! she is SO beautiful with those big sweet brown eyes!

IndianaMomma said...

Oh Honey! She's so sweet! Congratulations to you and Nick and Carter!
-Karla