Sunday, March 15, 2009

Out-side!

Today was another beautiful Sunday with temperatures in the high 60s, and all I heard all day from a certain precious little boy was "out-side, out-side." I am telling you, I think we've created a monster! That's okay! I am really looking forward to all the fun activities we'll be able to do out-side this spring and summer! Of course, I am sure that this nice weather we had yesterday and today won't last too long...but we enjoyed it while we could.
Carter and I got out one of the cornhole boards and two of the bags, and he was a champion cornhole player. Of course, as you can see he wasn't exactly regulation distance away from the board.

He subsequently decided that getting the bags in the hole wasn't nearly the challenge he anticipated it to be. Rather, it might be a better idea to use the inclined board as a slide.

Then, he went searching in the garage and found the sidewalk chalk. After trying a few of the colors out on the driveway, he packed them all in the bucket and picked it up. He kept putting the bucket on his arm, saying "bye-bye," and walking away. I thought this was too funny, so I had to take a picture.

Earlier this weekend, on Friday afternoon (after another trip to the Children's Museum), Carter and I were again playing outside and throwing the ball. When he went to chase after it, his foot caught the edge of the driveway and he dove into the concrete. He bumped his head, and scratched his nose. The bump didn't leave a mark, but score one for the concrete as far as the nose is concerned.

The good news is that it doesn't appear to have slowed him down any!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Looks like a lot of fun :) Avi loves to play "outside" as well. She gets so excited when we go outside. Fun times.

Kellie said...

I'm lovin some warmer weather too - just wish this rain would move on out!!!! I LOVE cornhole!!! We have got to get one of those!

Button said...

Carter reminds me of another someone I know with that bucket slung over his arm! Everyone has to have a fight with the concrete at some point and it was just Carter's time. I'm so glad that y'all are able to get outside and enjoy yourselves. Hope to see you soon!

Love y'all!
Aunt B