Saturday, March 28, 2009

The best teether

I am convinced that I am being punished for something. At 19 months, Carter has 10 of his teeth. Of those, four are molars that just {as in, in the last two weeks} popped through, and he is cutting more as I type. This teething bit is for the birds...especially at this age.
Today was especially tough. I put Carter in his bed for naptime, and he went right to bed. Usually when he naps at home, he'll sleep for 2+ hours. So I was shocked when he woke up after 30 minutes. I let him stir a bit until the banshee-like screaming ensued, at which point I couldn't, in good conscience, leave him to his own devices without the aid of Ty.lenol.
After the medicine, the teething pain seemed to subside, but his disinterest in sleep did not. We decided to abandon sleep and play instead. Yes, it has made the rest of the day a little tough, but he has resisted every additional effort to impose sleep.
After Nick got home from golf, I ran a few errands and found the BEST teethers out there.

Popsicles!
Mmm...this is pretty tasty.

Do you want some, Mom?

It fell off in my mouth!

I need to catch the dripping juice!

He hasn't fussed about his teeth since the popsicle. I am a convert!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you came to the solution. Am suruprised about the ORANGE popsicle, though.

Cannot wait for ya'll to be back in "Sweet Home Alabama."

Love to all,
Bamma and Big Pat

Kellie said...

Teething is NO fun - hope they come through soon!

Button said...

Sounds like you'd better keep those things on hand constantly until this bout with teething is over. Looking forward to seeing y'all this weekend!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

teething is terrible! i'm going to get popsicles right now! emily is getting her bottom canines right now, i think. she has been fussy and is back to waking up several times during the night. this is routine for her teething, but it's killing me! praying for you my sweet friend...please pray for us too! :)