Sunday, March 1, 2009

Busy Saturday

Although thankfully we aren't enjoying (ha, ha: I use this term VERY loosely) the snow that our neighbors to the south are enjoying, it has still been rather chilly here. So we decided yesterday to head to the Children's Museum to busy ourselves in the warmth of the indoors.
As always, the water table was a hit.

Dad led Carter to the ball area to play...he LOVED it.

We wrapped up our visit with a carousel ride.

Meeting the horse with Dad.

On the horse.

The last picture is a bit deceiving. It would give you the impression that Carter enjoyed the carousel ride on horseback. Rather, he endured the carousel ride in Dad's arms. He didn't cry, but he wasn't really sure about the whole thing. After his ride, we watched the next ride, and when we started to walk away, he was reaching out like he wanted to ride again. (We decided to save ride #2 for another trip!)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Glad you guys didn't get the snow for a change. We actually ended up with 9 inches at our house. Pretty impressive for around here. Cute pics of your fun at the Children's Museum.

Hey, how do I put the pregnancy week counter on my blog like you have??

Button said...

Looks like y'all had fun at the museum. Maybe Carter has his Uncle Ken's "love" (and I use that term VERY loosely) of horses. One day, we'll have to let him tell Carter about Cromwell.

I hope we get to see y'all soon...when it's MUCH warmer down here!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Caroline said...

THANKS SUE!! I DID IT, I DID IT!I picked a different one so I didn't have the same one as you and Andrea! :) I didn't want to be a TOTAL copycat.

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

we tried to get pictures of emily on the carousel for her 18 month photos, but she wanted nothing to do with any of the animals. we'll have try another time!