Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend in Decatur



This past weekend, we traveled down to Nick's hometown to visit family and so that Nick could play in the Member-Guest golf tournament at the DCC with his friend Wes. We had a great weekend. Nick enjoyed playing lots of golf, while Carter and I spent some quality time playing at the pool with Andrea, Banks & Mary Reese.

We got to stay at Popsy & Gigi's new house. It was very nice--and so nice of them to have us. Carter had his own room the first night, but it was a little too bright come nap time the next day. So...I moved his pack-n-play to one of the closets, and he slept like a champ! He doesn't like to feel like he is missing anything, so I think being in the closet makes him feel like it is ok to go to sleep.

Carter traveled beautifully. We drove down there Wednesday night, so he slept basically the whole time. On the way home, he slept for the first two hours, and then he wanted to be entertained. Nick and I took turns sitting in the back seat and playing with him. He was a hoot...but that is another post!

Thanks to our friends and family in Decatur for a fun weekend!

3 comments:

StaceyLWillis said...

I am glad I got to see all 3 of y'all! Hopefully David and I can come visit soon!!

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

It was fun playing with you all weekend and can't wait to see you again! I promise not to feed you any more black-eyed peas!

Caroline said...

Hey! It was so great to see you guys! Wish we got visit more often.