Friday, June 27, 2008

10 Months

It hardly seems possible. Carter has now been here longer than I was pregnant with him. I can't believe he will be one in just two months. I guess I should at least start thinking about what to do to celebrate the milestone!

We have such an amazing, fun, funny, and happy son. I think one of the greatest compliments we have received about him came from his teachers at school. She called me to give me my weekly update and said that Carter really makes their day because he is so happy, fun, and loving. As we were leaving yesterday, she said "Carter, how I am going to make it three days without you?" and, of course, he just smiled and smiled at her. We truly are blessed that he has amazing care and teachers who love him while we are at work.

Last night, I went to dinner with a group of girls (some from work) who are starting a bible study. Nick is out of town golfing for the weekend, so I took Carter with me. He was delightful. He snacked on a couple of things I brought for him, a roll, but mostly he just talked with the ladies. He crashed when we got home, though, since it was a little past his bed time.

Last night, I met another woman at dinner who works for Lilly and is from Alabama. Yes, I know, hard to believe we haven't met before, but we work for a big company. We both have had people tell us that we needed to meet the other, but we had not done so. Anyway, she is originally from Florence (not too far from Nick's hometown) and she and her husband live down the street from us--well, to be specific, over a block and down six...but essentially down the street. What a small world!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We cannot wait to partake of that fabulous personality when he takes over the Coast.
Love to all,
Bamma

Kelli said...

What a big boy! I can't believe our little ones are that big! Isn't it so nice to have such happy babies! Don't get me wrong, we have our moments, but for the most part Avi Grace is happy too. My grandmother (she is 93) was staying with my parents for several days last week. My mom had to keep Avi Grace for me several days because I had to work, and my Grandmother finally asked me if AG ever cried. I said, of course she does, but we try to head that off as much as possible! Anyway, we are so blessed to have such sweethearts!