Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Little Houdini

This is where I left him...
This is where I found him...
Just for reference...
What, Mom? I didn't go far; I just had to get to my books.
I put Carter down on the floor tonight in his room to go get his bath water ready. I was in the bathroom for maybe 3 minutes. I walked back into his room and didn't immediately see him. Talk about heart failure! When I looked around, he was sitting next to our chair "reading" a book! (His books are in a canvas tote on the floor next to the chair.) I have to admit...I was pretty impressed with my little fella.
He still is not crawling, per se; but it is obvious that he doesn't have any trouble getting around. Mostly he just walks his hands forward and then pulls both of his knees up at the same time. It is funny to watch, and I tried to get him to do it so I could post a video to the blog. He would have nothing of it while I had the camera ready. He, of course, decided to get moving while I was out of the room!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

Way to go Carter! You will be running with your cousins in no time!

Button said...

There has never been any doubt in my mind that Carter would be a "mover and a shaker!"

Murphy Family said...

He is such a big boy...moving, sitting, reading!!! Give him a big kiss from me! :) Love, D

Unknown said...

I reiterate, A REAL SCHOOLIE
Bamma

Maggie Pelton said...

That's too funny! I bet you did panic when you didn't see him. Just a matter of time and he'll disappear all the time!

Leigh Collins said...

Oh just wait Sue! Life as you know it is about to end! But its a good thing! Carter is so cute!