Thursday, September 6, 2007

Our Growing Boy!

Carter Weighing In

Carter had his one week visit to the pediatrician today! It was a family outing-- since I can't drive yet, Nick picked us up and we headed up to Dr. Bergstein's office. The little guy is doing great! He is already up to and beyond his birthweight--weighing in at 8lbs, 2oz this afternoon and he is now 21 and 3/4 inches long! Dr. Bergstein commented that he is an incredibly mellow little guy (yes, we all know that he gets that from his dad). He didn't cry at all with any of the poking, prodding and manipulating that she did. She said that she was especially surprised that he didn't cry during the hip check, that most babies wailed! And...when we were checking out, the lady told us that he was adorable and that already the women love him! :)


So Tired

Carter is certainly giving us tremendous joy as we watch him grow and change every day! Nick and I are slowly getting into a routine and feel like we are getting the hang of things. Make no mistake, we are definitely sleep deprived, but what a wonderful reason to be sleep deprived! Parenthood is definitely a hands-on learning experience and we ask that you please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we continue on the journey!

3 comments:

Haley said...

Congratulations on your new little one! I just saw your blog on Susie's page. I will be keeping up with you guys. I am still not sleeping through the night and my newest one is 10 weeks, not to discourage you!!! So good to see you and nick and that precious baby! Haley Davis Lively

Button said...

I'm so happy that Carter is doing well. I can't wait to see you all soon and I'm looking forward to holding my nephew. Call me when you can. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Keep the pictures coming! I love to see how he is growing. Hang in there - nap when you can. I'll call you soon. Love, Niff