Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Carter's First Outing

Deanna and Carter at the Todd's for D & Pat's shower

Carter had his first outing (other than to the doctor) last Friday night! Nick and I helped host a couples shower for our dear friends, Deanna and Pat Murphy, who are expecting Baby Murphy at the end of October. Carter was also invited to the shower, and was excited to get dressed up and go out for the evening! He was delighted to be passed around and loved on by so many people (and we appreciated it, also). The humorous thing is that I was told all night that I was so laid back! Ha, ha! I haven't been called laid back so much in my entire life! Maybe motherhood is good for me in multiple ways!

It is so much work meeting everyone!

We are gearing up and getting excited about our upcoming trip to Alabama. We look forward to seeing all our friends and family--and some Tide football! Carter's experience at D and Pat's shower will no doubt be good preparation for all of the excitement he is in for during our trip down south!

2 comments:

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

We are counting down the days until we get to love on Baby Carter!!!!

Button said...

We are so excited to be seeing Carter soon! I can definitely attest to the fact Sue has not been known as a "laid back" kind of person, but I have been told that being a parent mellows you! I can't wait to see the "Mellow Sue" first hand! Love you!