Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Carter's Trip to Alabama

Tailgating prior to the UA-Georgia game

Nick, Carter and I were lucky enough to spend last week in Alabama! We made a huge tour of the state with our GREAT little traveler. It was a great week--and the first time that Carter was able to meet my whole family (except Mom), Nick's sister, Stacey, and his cousins, Banks & Mary Reese and his uncle Jody. We started the week tailgating prior to the UA-Arkansas game (Nick went to the game, Carter and I drove back to Birmingham) and then went to Decatur where Debbie hosted a Sip N See so that Carter could be introduced to our friends and family in North Alabama. We spent two nights in Decatur and then traveled back down to Birmingham. While we were in Birmingham, we caught up with old friends, Nick played some golf, my sister, Button, took lots of pictures of Carter for us, and we had a get together at Mom and Dad's house so that we could introduce Carter to our friends and family in Birmingham. We were also able to take Carter to meet both of his great grandmothers--and they both absolutely adored him! We capped off the week with another trip to Tuscaloosa to tailgate with Steve and his friends prior to the UA-Georgia game. I have to be honest and say that I think we were all exhausted when we got back to Indianapolis on Sunday night, but it was so worth it!
Please click on our shutterfly link on the right hand side of the page to see more pics from our trip to Alabama!

Carter meeting his cousins

Carter meeting Gran (my Mom's mom) and Miss Martha

Carter meeting Maw-Maw (my Dad's mom)

2 comments:

Jody, Andrea, Banks, Mary Reese & Owen said...

The entire Murphree family LOVED meeting Carter and spending time with him. It amazes me who fast they change and grow! We can't wait to see him again! Hope the month old check up goes well!

Button said...

Carter, your Uncle Ken and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you last week and we miss you and your Mom and Dad now that y'all are gone! I hope y'all travel back this way again very soon! We love you!