Saturday, August 20, 2011

Take Two

I was out of town last week for work from Monday afternoon until Friday night. I was in Indianapolis for a week of training. Wednesday at 1:39pm, I get a text message with the picture below and this message: My day...he is fine.
Needless to say, I bolted from the training class to call Nick {and must have looked panic stricken because I got a text from a colleague asking if everything was ok}. I found out that Carter had been in an accident at school, and Nick had been called to take him to see if he needed stitches to close the cut. They were at the doctor's office, the cut had been cleaned and they were waiting on the doctor to come in, evaluate the cut, and decide if he needed glue or stitches.

Still bandaged from school
He did indeed get 4 stitches to close the wound. I probably would have been much more freaked out about not being there if this had been the first time this had ever happened. {Please don't take that to mean that I wasn't incredibly bothered about not being there. Luckily for me, my husband is amazing!}


So, after they stitched him up, they wrapped his head to ensure that the wound stayed clean while it started closing up. When I got the next texted picture, I felt so bad. He looked like a wounded warrior. I found out later that the shot they gave him to numb his head made his eyes look droopy. :(
And, for being such a brave little fella, Daddy took him to "Aunt Stacey's ice cream shop" for super.man ice cream {which he ate little of; he preferred Daddy's}.
The next day with head bandage removed, he was raring and ready to go. By the time I got home on Friday night, other than having the stitches covered with a large bandage, he was our same ol' Carter. He even seemed proud to tell me about his injury. ALL. BOY.



4 comments:

Kelli said...

Poor Carter man! Glad he's okay!

Button said...

As you said, he is definitely ALL BOY!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone soon!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Anonymous said...

He yummed up his superman ice cream when I took him to my ice cream shop! Hahahaha! It must have not been as good the second time around.

Caroline said...

My goodness. Never a dull moment!