Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's Day!

We had a great day celebrating our Daddy today!


We started off the day with his favorite treat! We took a family trip down to the Kris.py Kre.me to watch them making doughnuts HOT n NOW. The kiddos had fun watching them bake and ice...but probably not as much fun as they had eating them once we got home.




Carter and Nick played golf this morning and then met Callen and me at the pool. {aside: At Carter's school, the teachers put up a bulletin board that had what all of the children said they liked to do with their dads. Most were something along the lines of love, hug, read books, etc. Carter's was, "I like to go to the golf course with my daddy." Nick was so proud!} We had a fun time playing together as a family. While the children took naps, Nick joined some other fathers to watch the last round of the US Op.en.

We--our children and me--are so blessed to have such an amazing man as father and husband. Since I have taken a new job, I have been traveling more, and he has not missed a beat! He is fabulous with our children, and they adore him. Everyone is always amazed when they ask if he has help at home when I am gone, and I tell them that he IS the help! {Of course, we are blessed to have Aunt Stacey who has kept them on a few occasions when Nick's had to be gone overnight while I am out of town!}

Happy Father's Day!!! We love our daddy!

2 comments:

Button said...

Sounds like y'all had all kinds of doughnuts this past weekend! Can't wait to see y'all at LBF soon!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Anonymous said...

We are proud of all of you and thrilled that you are part of our family and we are part of yours.
love and anticipating the coast,
Bamma