Friday, June 10, 2011

Bows and Big Girl Beds

A few weeks ago, Callen's teachers told us that they thought she was ready for hairbows. To support their claim, they told us that everytime they fix the hair of one of the other girls, Callen asks to have a "hair bow," and if they give her one, she asks to look in the mirror! So, we had only one bow...and she would put in her hair just about from the time she got up in the morning until it was bedtime.

Nick and Callen came back to Birmingham after the Memorial Day weekend, while Carter and I stayed down on the coast because I had to work down there. One afternoon after work/school, Dad took Callen to get a "special treat" of the non-edible variety.


Modeling her purchases
So proud of her bow on the way to school the next morning

I was receiving these updates via text while we were down there and she was thrilled to show me her bows when we finally made it home on Wednesday!

Also while Carter and I were down on the coast, Callen wanted to sleep in Carter's bed. Nick figured it would be a good trial run for when she transitions into her own big girl bed. He said he read her books, put her to sleep and didn't hear a peep out of her until about 5:00am, when she woke up and wasn't sure where she was. He laid down with her to get her back to sleep again until about 6:30. Looks like we have a big girl bed in our not-too-distant future!

5 comments:

Button said...

She is growing up so fast! Love her so!

Love y'all!
Button

Anonymous said...

The Diva Saga continues - what next? She is so much fun - as is he but they are SOOOOOOO different.
love
Bamma

Kelli said...

I LOVE the picture of Callen and her bows! That is so adorable.

The Lilly Family said...

So sweet! Kudos to Nick for taking her bow shopping!!! I have lots of alligator clip bows that my girls can't wear anymore, I will get them together for Callen!

Murphy Family said...

Oh my gosh...she is sooo cute! I love her with the bows...she looks like such a big girl!