Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Where did 8 months go?

This little peanut

has become this precious baby girl!

And these two couldn't love each other anymore. Carter still smiles at her just like that...and the good news is that, now, Callen smiles--and laughs--back at him.

Where does the time go? I can't even believe that Callen has been here with us for 8 months. It has been a crazy, busy 8 months--adjusting to life with two children, surviving Callen's two months of mom-diagnosed colic, Nick's and my taking new jobs, searching for a new house, living apart for two months, buying and moving into a new house, starting new jobs, and building life as a family in a new place. Whew...I get tired just thinking of it...BUT, Callen has been a trooper through it all {as has Carter, to give credit where credit is due}.

Callen at 8 months is truly a delight. She is ALWAYS happy. Even when she is fussy, which is really only if she is very hungry or sleepy, she isn't ever really unhappy. At school, they say that when the whole classroom of infants is crying, Callen just looks around as if to say "what's the matter with you people?" She has made no real move toward crawling. She can pull her knees up under her if she really wants to, but outside of her crib, she doesn't do it often. I suppose she is perfectly content to sit, roll to what she wants or have someone carry her. She is a champion sleeper at night, but she is not a particularly good napper. She takes cat-naps mostly; though, occasionally we luck out and she'll get a good 2 hour nap in.

Every morning when I go in to get her up, I marvel at how big she's gotten and how little she is. Does that make sense? She takes up so much more room in her crib than she used to, but I love that I can still wrap her up in my arms. I just don't want her to grow up too fast!!!

3 comments:

MSE said...

Sue,

What sweet comments. Yes, our children grow up way too fast. Deborah is always commenting on what good children Carter and Callen are.I know Nick and you are wonderful parents and very proud of your little ones. I am pleased and proud for both of you.

Marlene

Caroline said...

Does time with the second child go faster to you too?? I feel like it took forever for julianna to turn 1, and now I feel like time is going so fast with mason. Crazy!! Anyway, just wanted to say.... enjoy the NON CRAWLING!!! My life has gotten busier exponentially since he started crawling. It's nuts and it's only gonna get crazier from here on out. Happy 8 months Callen!!

Button said...

It has been so wonderful having y'all back here and I'm so glad that I've been able to see more of y'all (although, not enough, in my book, but I know we're all going in different directions). I can't believe how big they've BOTH gotten and I feel truly blessed to be able to watch it happen.

Love y'all!
Aunt B