Saturday, December 19, 2009

I know, I know

I have been an absent blogger of late. I have been busy. Well, busy and a tad overwhelmed. You see here a picture of our house.

Yes, you saw it. One of these.


That's right, folks. We are moving. And not just across town. We are headed back south! We are moving back to Birmingham.

I am not going to lie...while we are very excited, it is also very sad. We have amazing friends in Indy, phenomenal childcare, and have really enjoyed living here. However, we are truly excited to be closer to family, Tide football, the beach and to reconnect with our amazing friends down south on a more regular basis.

Nick started a job with Ibe.ria Bank in Birmingham and I will be working in sales for Lilly in Birmingham after the first of the year. {I have to be in training up here until then.} So, that said, during the week, I have been in Indy with two children and two pets by myself. Let's just say that I understand why God intended parenting to be a partnership. As you can see, little time for blogging.

I promise to do better. As Christmas quickly approaches, I'll be sure to share pictures of what my two sweet children are up to more frequently!

8 comments:

Button said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! I will get to babysit my nephew and niece and see them live and in person much more often!!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Kelli said...

Oh my goodness!!! I am so excited for y'all. I was wondering how long it would take! I know it is bittersweet for you guys, but being near family makes a HUGE difference! Very happy for you.

The Nix Family said...

so fun!! I hope we can see eachother when we come to town!! And truthfully, I know why y'all are moving back to Birmingham....THE BEACH! Living in TN, I've learned that I do NOT love living in a landlocked state!! :)

Anna & Greg said...

Yay, Sue! I can tell you are excited, and I'm very happy for you! Cheer on the Tide for me!

Anna

Unknown said...

Can it happen any faster? We are all so anxious to have all of us in Tide/LBF/family country. It is fun to see ya'll on IChat but does not compare with - IN PERSON.

See you next week.

Haute Mama said...

I understand life as a single-mommy all too well...I have been doing that during the week since Joe took his job in Cinci. I give props to single parents everywhere because it is NOT an easy job. Thankfully we have him home for the weekends!

Good luck selling your home. I assume you have a guarantee buy? We've only had 2 showings...we are in a bad price range and are competing against new homes in the Fishers-area. Hate to see you go but happy for y'all at the same time. Family is everything!

Rachel @ Moments With My Miracles said...

Just now catching up with your blog!!! That's so fun you are moving to Bham!!!! I hope your house sells quick and I hear ya on the partnership parenting:)

Leigh Collins said...

I'm just now catchin up on everyone's blogs after the holidays and I AM SO EXCITED FOR YA'LL!!! I know it will be sad leaving Indy, but being back home will be FANTASTIC!!! Goodluck with the move!