Sunday, December 13, 2009

Deck the Halls

I guess when I was on maternity leave, I forgot how rejuvenating weekends are. It was great to have our sweet family together this weekend.

This past week Carter and I decorated the tree with ornaments although we've had it up with lights on it for a week. He was TOTALLY into it. He would hang one (with help, of course) and then say, "I want to do another one." Carter would even ask me to lift him up so he could "reach it" when he wanted to hang it up higher. We are, however, having a hard time convincing him to LOOK at the ornaments and not take them off the tree. Twice now, he has brought ornaments from the tree to us upstairs. Every time he walks past the tree, he has some sort of comment. Sometimes it is just "OOOhhh," but he has also told me that it is a "pretty cool tree." He cracks me up.

Below he is getting a lift from Nick to hang an ornament that my mom sent to him. Please notice both how intent he is and how he is pushing Nick's arm back.
In other news, our weekend was not without incident. Carter decided to color on his bedspread with crayon when he should have been napping in hindsight, I suppose we should know better than to allow him to take the box of 4 crayons upstairs . Wrigley swallowed another pacifier, which requires a not inexpensive endoscopic surgery at our local animal clinic that we've already had to do once in the past three months. AND, Callen has been a little under the weather.

I am not 100% sure what is wrong. Last Thursday night, Callen started losing her "voice," and they called me from school saying that it was all but gone on Friday. When I called the doctor, all of the usual questions seemed okay {eating, sleeping, fever, disposition, etc}, so they didn't say I needed to bring her in unless I just wanted to. So, we've been watching her this weekend, and she's developed a little cough, but seems to be getting her voice back and is still sleeping and eating well. The good news is that she has maintained a happy disposition. The better news is that she keeps giving us HUGE smiles. The best news is that I heard her sweet little laugh for the first time this weekend!

2 comments:

Button said...

Sounds like y'all had a good weekend! We're looking forward to seeing y'all soon!

Love y'all!
Aunt B

Unknown said...

Cannot wait for you all to get down here for us to share all this fun and excitement. Love to all
Bamma