Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!!


We had such a fantastic Halloween! First and foremost, it was a beautiful day! It was in the 70s today, and this evening was super-pleasant, which made for a very fun night of trick-or-treating and visiting with our friends.

I have to say (with apologies to Alex) that Carter is the cutest shark I've ever seen! (A huge THANK YOU to Alex and his mom Kelly for loaning us the shark costume.) He did really well in his costume...he hardly fussed at all once I actually got it on him.
We started our evening with a costume parade and a little trick-or-treating on our block.

Then, because the Governor's official residence is in our neighborhood, we made our way down there to trick-or-treat with Govenor Daniels.

On the way back home, Carter figured out that there was food in his bag and starting signing "more" and "please." Well, if he is going to be that polite, how do you refuse a little taste?
When we got back to our house, we visited some neighbors where Carter really got into playing in the candy bowls.


Carter was such a trooper and had so much fun--he didn't fuss at all until it was time to go inside and get ready for bed. Even though he was sad to leave all the fun, he was incredibly tired. He crawled down out of the chair when we were reading books, walked over to his bed and reached up as if asking to get in it!
He must be gearing up for Alabama football tomorrow! RTR!
(if you'd like to see more pictures from the pumpkin patch and Halloween, please click the Willis Family Picture site link in the sidebar)

9 comments:

Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris, Kristin, and Emily said...

i had two misspelled words in the last comment which made no sense. so what i was trying to say...

omgoodness. that is the most unique and best costume i have seen this year! hands down. carter is such a cute boy!

Anna & Greg said...

This has to be the cutest costume I have ever seen - especially from the back! I wish I could have seen that in person! He is such a cutie!

Button said...

He is honestly the cutest shark I've ever seen! (I doubt you will EVER hear me call a shark "cute" again!) And the family picture is GREAT too. Looking forward to seeing all of you soon!

Love you!
Aunt B

The Lilly Family said...

Too cute! JH Wilkerson was a sweet shark too, last year, I just love that costume!! I am glad you all enjoyed Halloween!

Leslie said...

Hi! I am new to your blog...got here through Haute Mama. Looks like yall had a great Halloween. We were visiting grandparents in Indy over Halloween. Looks like your neighborhood had more fun! Love the parade. Next time we are in Indy for Halloween, we may have to crash the party!! :)

P.S. Cafe Patachou is a favorite of ours too!! I always go there when I am in town!

Leslie said...

Hey! Thanks for commenting on my blog! I love yours too and will be adding it to my faves!! I need to follow you in Indy so I will know what to do with the kids when I come to town!! It gets harder in the winter to find things to entertain them!!

I am originally from SC and my hubby is from Indy. My brother-in-law and his wife live in the same area...that is how I know about the flying cupcake! Love it!! It's funny because people think I am from there because I know more about the area than my in-laws. I always get out and explore when we are in town!! But I can always use more advice on cool places to visit...so fill me in!

It is funny about smocking up there. I have visited children's stores and asked if they had smocked clothing and they looked at me like I was an alien. And I definitely have gotten the girl comments. WE southerners have to stick together and keep dressing our boys in those cute outfits! My oldest one is outgrowing it and it makes me sad!!

StaceyLWillis said...

Love the shark costume!!! Carter, you are so cute and I miss you! See you soon. Love, Auntie Stacey

Davis Brown said...

He is the cutest shark in the whole wide world! We had 2 in our daycare class and they didn't even hold a candle! Take care and ya'll should move on down to the beach! It makes for great instant backgrounds! Seriously, anytime ya'll want to visit, give us a call!